Note: This is a 6-month project. Only interested candidates apply.
Traffic Engineering Software Engineer
About us: Our mission is changing the experience of mobility, by providing expanded options built on innovative research and technology solutions. Our work utilizes the resources of vehicles, infrastructure, and emergent technologies to provide tangible benefits to the public by enabling stress-free mobility of people and goods and delivering differentiated experiences through deep personalization. Our current areas of interest include future vehicular networks, in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, and intelligent computing technology, including artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Autonomous cars, edge computing, IoT are some of the trending buzz words in the automotive industry. Connected cars, which can be a combination of all of the above and much more, are a path-breaking space with a lot of potential for new customer-centric mobility and safety applications. Intelligent Mobility Systems (IMS) group in our company is researching connected car technologies to build the next-gen traffic management system, which includes the development of a simulation platform, designing methods for hierarchical traffic management, developing and testing prototype vehicular networks. We are seeking passionate candidates for a software engineering role who will join as a software engineer helping the team build and maintain hybrid testbeds for showcasing connected car applications.
We’re looking for a talented software engineer who has significant experience in application design and development and good programming habits to produce quality software. The candidate must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. The candidate should be willing to learn new technologies and focus on continuous improvement for demo-driven development.
- Design and develop vehicle traffic-related applications for demonstrating connected car technologies
- Design, improve and analyze tests and test-automation suites
- Collaborate with researchers, trainees, project managers, and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Create and update documentation of existing testbeds and applications
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 1+ year experience with Traffic Simulators such as AIMSUN or VISSIM
- 2+ years of object-oriented Software Development experience
- Experience with C++ and Python on Windows/Linux OS (knowing C# is a plus)
- Experience with Visual Studio, Pycharm/Anaconda, etc
- Knowledge of multithreading, multitasking, and concurrent programming
- Experience with front-end (GUI) development using Qt or HTML
- Experience with network/process communication protocols like MQTT, ZMQ, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people-first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Mountain View, CA
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email resume, including all contact information.