The team has test vehicles with data communication devices and several types of on-board sensors. The corporate partner will be responsible for developing an edge-computing-assisted vehicle sensing system that runs on this test platform. The test vehicles measure the surrounding road environment by the on-board sensors (e.g., cameras), and send the results to a remote edge server by way of wireless networks. The server analyzes the data collected from multiple test vehicles to maintain up-to-date information about the road environment. As part of the research team, the corporate partner will be responsible for:
- Implementing image processing and sensor fusion algorithms for test vehicles to perceive the surrounding road environment.
- Understanding the existing test platform
- Implementing server-side software that collects data from multiple test vehicles and analyzes the data to maintain up-to-date information about the road environment.
- Implementing visualization systems to demonstrate the progress of sensing tasks.
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent coding skills in Python
- Excellent skills in design and development of network systems (e.g., socket programming, multithreading, client-server systems)
- Knowledge and development experience on ROS (Robot OS)
- Experience on development of image processing and sensor fusion algorithms
- Knowledge of Deep Learning-based image processing
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people-first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Mountain View, CA
Email us at email@example.com
Please email resume, including all contact information.