- General Maintenance and parts exchange of our vehicles and competitor vehicles.
- Setup Instrumentation; Install/calibrate / remove all test equipment for Fuel Economy Testing.
- Perform basic machine shop tasks and fabrication, including welding.
- Write and issue daily report emails
- Help write or update standard work procedure document
- Create/maintain Excel spreadsheets for engine test data
- Photograph vehicles for testing documentation.
- Recent dealership experience. We have found dealer techs have a good systematic approach to resolving issues, are up to date on current powertrain technology, and have had factory training which is more in line with what we expect.
- Excellent knowledge of engine electrical and electrical schematics.The fuel economy technicians will need to acquire competitor vehicle signals. This may mean probing into a factory wire harnesses and being aware of any potential dangers from doing so. Hybrid Technicians are typically more aware of dangers like this. The tech much be able to research, read and understand factory wiring schematics.
- Ability to learn and take direction: We are looking for a candidate who is receptive to training and new ideas. Someone who is always looking for improvement. Bench-marking of competitor fuel economy, signal acquisition, engine wiring and high voltage, engine performance, knowledge of all dangers, recent tech experience, dealership experience a must, knowledge of new technology, focus on engine electrical, access service info, wiring diagrams, hybrid might excel because their awareness.
Ideal candidates will possess recent dealership experience, currently working in the dealership doing Powertrain related work, specifically if they excel in engine electrical diagnosis or drivability.
- Min 3-4 years of hands on technician experience (dealer or Independent shop)
- Able to perform work in a corporate team environment
- Able to complete assigned work without direct supervision
- Ability to gather and understand vehicle data
- Basic (working level) knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Word)
- Ability to read and understand automotive wiring diagrams at expert level with emphasis on engine electrical .
- Good understanding of current automotive fuel injection / ignition systems.
- Diagnostics skills of automotive powertrain issues.
- Passion for constant learning and understanding new automotive technologies
- Engine Performance ASE or L1
- R&D experience
- Able to drive manual transmission
- Experience driving on chassis dynamometer
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email resume, including all contact information.