We have an exciting opportunity at our Corporate Headquarters for a problem solver, a change agent who is excited about process development and taking it to the NEXT level. The Advanced Process Engineer will be responsible for equipment installations and process development related to new product launches and other business initiatives. This will include headliner equipment installation and process development for new model launch.
- Proactively work with design team to take headliner design from theoretical to actual, deliver process to plant that meets targets for manufacturability, quality, and cost build, source tools to make parts
- Troubleshoot parts to meet customer specs
- Taking the customer’s request for quote and the company developed bill of material to create a manufacturing strategy to produce the part as defined by the customer and product engineering team. That strategy will include necessary equipment, manning for the line, cycle time, floor space/layout and material/process flow
- Converting the manufacturing strategy into a manufacturing quote to help define the company costs related to producing the product
- Creating technical specifications to define the equipment needed for supplier quoting and sourcing.
- Interfacing with the tooling and equipment buyer to review supplier quotes and select the appropriate supplier based on capability, price and lead time
- Managing the procurement of equipment and installation related to new product launches and other business initiatives. This will include design reviews with the supplier, working with the supplier to understand and manage their timeline, budget tracking and control, equipment approval / commissioning and relevant manufacturing location deliverables like spare parts, operator instructions and PMs, etc.
- Applying all the elements of the company Product Development Process (PDP) for successful achievement of key milestones within the product development and launch process
- Managing the day-to-day project details, including creating and updating tactical plans (timelines) identifying project tasks, and managing those tasks to successful and timely completion
- Lean engineering principals and problem-solving tools including benchmarking& reverse engineering, DFMEA, 8D’s, tactical planning, Kepner-Tregoe Problem Resolution, 5-Why process, documenting lessons learned
- Understanding of and ability to create/maintain typical production governing documents like PFMEA, PEIL, Process Flow, Operator Instructions, etc.
- Assessing the manufacturing feasibility for company products, root-causing assembly problems and identifying short- and long-term countermeasures for resolution of manufacturing issues
- Taking the initiative to find solutions, asking for guidance when required, and executing projects on-time and within budget
- BSME plus 3-5 years applicable experience in production assembly processes– some automotive experience preferred
- 3+ years of Composite or Carbon Fiber Molding experience
- Knowledge of plastics-related material properties strongly preferred
- Basic AutoCAD skills to create and evaluate plant layouts and material/process flow
- Ability to travel
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org