Technician will assist in testing for development and root cause identification of NVH matters of automotive climate control systems (including but not limited to HVAC, compressor, water pump, and refrigeration lines.)
Years of Experience
2 years’ experience, preferred in automotive technician role.
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- Experience with test bench basics: tool usage, fixture fabrication, ability to work with electrical components.
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of NVH data acquisition and analysis including:
- Familiarity with instrumentation setups with microphones, accelerometers, optical tachometers, and power supplies.
- Analysis of NVH results using Head Acoustics Artemis
- Able to bend, lift, and transport fixtures and parts with proper tools
- Refrigeration fundamentals (refrigeration cycle & control, compressor operation)
- HVAC fundamentals (blower motor, filtration, diffusers, actuators)
- This position requires excellent communication skills (written and oral) which will be required to interact with the NVH, product design, and testing teams.
- Ability to work in a team environment is a must with flexibility to switch from job to job on a moment’s notice as needed.
- Working knowledge of NVH principles including acoustics, vibrations, fluid mechanics, order tracking, and sound quality a plus
Special Requirements (ie: Overtime, Travel, etc)
- Occasional local travel (testing suppliers) and overtime as needed.
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. Excellent career opportunity & benefits.
Location: Novi, MI
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email resume, including all contact information.