BIW, Plastics, Sheet metal, well-rounded and worked in many areas of a vehicle. Design for Fit, Form, Function, Assembly, and Manufacturing.
- Conduct packaging/layout studies.
- Develop updatable parametric CATIA V5 2D Drawings & 3D models using the specified design process.
- Develop B side surface for plastic parts; including manufacturing tool requirements to meet standards.
- Develop surface for sheet metal components; including manufacturing tool requirements to meet standards.
- Perform blend filleting and pass certification.
- Check shading quality of blend filleted part data prior to release.
- Prepare 2D drawings as required to define engineering intent.
- Check data for accuracy/integrity; make repairs to achieve requirements for tangency, gap, and content.
- Accurately complete a part/drawing requirement check sheet.
- Calculate blank shapes and material yield for body shell parts.
- Create PowerCopies to automate the creation of common features.
- Complete daily progress tracking sheets. Prepare and negotiate engineer/designer communication and open issue sheets; return completed data to Engineer with a clear status report for open issues.
DESIGNER LEVEL 2 QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES:
- 4 years of Automotive Design Experience in one or more of the following areas: a) Body Shell b) Interior Trim c) Seats d) Functional Parts e) Electrical / Wire Harness
- 4 years of Parametric CAD modeling experience. a) A minimum of 4000 hours of parametric modeling experience on CATIA V5. b) CATIA V5 experience should include the following workbenches: Part Design, Generative Shape Design, Assembly Design, Drafting.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and detailed orientated.
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Saline, MI
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email resume, including all contact information.