- Conduct packaging/layout studies.
- Develop updatable parametric CATIA V5 2D Drawings & 3D models using TEMA specified design process.
- Review class ‘A’ surface supplied by styling to identify data quality concerns.
- Develop B side surface for plastic parts; include manufacturing tool requirements to meet TEMA standards.
- Develop surface for sheet metal components; include manufacturing tool requirements to meet TEMA standards.
- Perform blend filleting and pass Level E certification.
- Check shading quality of blend filleted part data prior to release.
- Prepare 2D drawings as required to define engineering intent.
- Check data for accuracy/integrity; make repairs to achieve TEMA requirements for tangency, gap, and content.
- Accurately complete a part/drawing requirement check sheet.
- Calculate blank shapes and material yield for body shell parts.
- Create PowerCopies to automate the creation of common features.
- Complete daily progress tracking sheets.
- Prepare and negotiate engineer/designer communication and open issue sheets; return completed data to TEMA Engineer with a clear status report for open issues.
- Prepare process documentation using Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Lead oneself and potentially others in a design-related activity
- Bachelors DegreeMinimum 10 years of Automotive Design experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Body Shell
- Interior Trim
- Functional Parts
- Electrical / Wire Harness
- Minimum 10 years of Modeling experience in Parametric CAD system
- Minimum of 10,000 hrs of parametric modeling experience on CATIA V5
- CATIA V5 experience should include the following workbenches: Part Design, Generative Shape Design, Assembly Design, and drafting
- The ideal candidate will have 12 years or more experience in Design and Modeling
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Saline, MI
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email resume, including all contact information.