The candidate will be a hands-on Researcher responsible for the development of cooperative automated driving platforms. Cooperative Automated Driving leverages artificial intelligence techniques and sensor data (camera, radar, GPS, etc.) from neighboring cars for enhanced perception, accurate mapping, and improved and safer driving experience. Research areas include Cooperative Mapping, Cooperative Localization, Cooperative Perception, and Cooperative Maneuvers (vehicle platooning, etc.).
Following all rules, policies, guidelines, and procedures, meeting specific performance requirements (as noted below), knowing and understanding the safety program, and contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results are needed to maintain employment with the Center. Job performance standards, job descriptions, and job requirements can change as the needs of the Center change.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop innovative solutions that advance the state-of-the-art of Cooperative Automotive Driving in areas such as (but not limited to) mapping, localization, perception, and maneuvers.
- Integrate research solutions into a coherent Cooperative Automated Driving platform.
- Obtain patents and publish research in prestigious journals and conferences.
- Work horizontally to understand technical needs fully and to disseminate for our research.
- Participating in other projects/activities as necessary.
What you bring
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Strong understanding of sensor fusion and the cooperative and automated driving challenges to augment onboard information.
- Knowledge of machine learning and neural networks, as they are applied to the cooperative and autonomous driving problem, and communications network technologies is a plus.
- Research prototype development skills
- Knowledge of connected vehicles and/or autonomous vehicles and their use-cases.
- Programming experience, e.g., Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to respond professionally in all types of situations.
- The corporate lab setting with a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and achievements experience is a plus.
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people-first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Mountain View, CA
Email us at email@example.com
Please email resume, including all contact information.