Key items from the manager:
- 2 years with VSA, DVA, and RSS stack-up experience **Must**
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Candidates should have knowledge of the following:
- Experience in Body, Chassis, and Battery Trays
- Will need to be able to interface directly with customers
Responsible for the development and monitoring of dimensional strategies, tolerance schemes, and quality plans of various automotive systems and /or others. Plans and develops GD&T layouts, strategic dimensional slip plan documents, tolerance stack-ups, VSA, and quality plans that allow balancing design, manufacturing processes, and engineering dimensional objectives ensuring manufacturability and quality objectives for the system and components can be achieved.
- Define and document quality goals (dimensional and functional) by developing quality objective targets on key product
- Develops part and assembly datum’s, tolerances, and measurement points.
- Assist in the development of a control plan for a system or component.
- Performs variation reduction and dimensional sensitivity studies.
- Performs comparison studies of measured data versus objectives and GD&T specification.
- Research and analyze data such as VSA studies, specifications, and component tooling tolerances to determine design or application feasibility.
- Defines and monitors the measurement plan.
- Develops the strategic slip plan and dimensional strategy documents.
- Monitors and controls the dimensional objective documents.
- Provides input to the product design team on dimensional issues and concerns.
- Reviews dimensional control capabilities of the tool and dies, processes, and assembly sequences.
- Coordinates quality and dimensional strategy reporting methods.
- Evaluates and approves dimensional control plans.
- Assist in continuous improvement and VA/VE activity.
- Assist design for assembly (DFA) and manufacturing (DFM), geometric dimensioning & tolerance (GD&T) to components and systems.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering or other.
- Minimum two (3) years of related experience required.
- Experience with GD&T and tolerance analysis.
- Experience with evaluates assembly and fabrication processes and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Experience in gauge repeatability, reproducibility, tool repeatability, and tool and die certifications studies.
- Experience with all datum schemes and assembly sequences (3D modeling and VSA studies).
- Communicates and provides customer interface to the customers quality engineers.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Troy, MI
Email us at email@example.com
Please email resume, including all contact information.