Who we’re looking for?
The Electronic Systems 4 Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Electronic Systems Engineer. The primary responsibility of this role is to define and deliver audio sound quality and lead the planning and execution of vehicle multimedia systems.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the person in this role will support the Electronic Systems 4’s department’s objective to achieve high-quality release at each milestone throughout the full development cycle.
What you’ll be doing
- Define, target set, and deliver audio sound quality for responsible vehicle development projects.
- Participate in technical design reviews and lead the planning and execution of multimedia systems (including radio reception, Bluetooth hands-free, Voice Recognition, GPS) vehicle performance.
- Perform field evaluations of AM/FM/Satellite Digital Audio Radio System (SDARS)/SXM radio receptions and work directly with suppliers to deliver performance exceeding our customer’s expectations.
- Plan and perform competitive vehicle bench-marking to identify industry direction to future multimedia products.
- Be the voice of the customer – reflect customer trends and expectations, and industry direction to future multimedia products.
- Develop new multimedia test methods and processes.
- Solve complex multimedia components, systems, and integration problems utilizing solid engineering processes.
What you may bring
- Ability to identify audio sound quality anomalies and communicate what is heard to make appropriate corrections.
- Knowledge of various audio system measurement methods.
- Understanding of mobile audio system design and/or installation.
- Experience conducting field tests of radio reception performance and the ability to make subjective performance ratings and objective measurements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Experience in audio technology development.
- Understanding of concepts of acoustic design/evaluation, measurement instruments, audio signal processing, and acoustic test instruments.
- Solid understanding of vehicle acoustics and the challenges it presents.
- Familiar with AM/FM tuner characteristics and how they relate to actual field performance.
- Knowledge of common language used in describing audio and AM/FM tuner performance.
- Demonstrate project team leadership with targeted results achieved.
- Willingness to travel (30% DRIVING with some overnight stays) and work extended time.
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people-first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Saline, MI
Email us at email@example.com
Please email resume, including all contact information.