Senior-level engineer responsible for planning and conducting engineering activities. Requires the use of advanced techniques and the application of theories, precepts, practice, and disciplines, including practical field experience. Incumbents have the responsibility and authority to make decisions on engineering problems and methods applicable to the resolution of important issues. Participates in and leads teams of field employees, technicians, engineers, and other personnel.
- Develops, coordinates, and directs important projects or field engineering assignments with complex features.
- Performs assigned (or initiates) engineering studies, proposing solutions to engineering-related problems; develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques & solutions.
- Interfaces with outside departments, vendors, suppliers, and reliability entities.
- Develops or assists in presentations of engineering-related projects to all levels of management & external parties (contractors, customers, etc.).
- Plans and manages group workflow to meet budgets and schedules.
- Be a mentor and provide guidance/direction for less experienced staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 4 years of job-relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Familiarity, knowledge, and experience associated with Relay Protection & Control schemes and components.
- Experience in testing relay protection & control schemes and components
- Experience investigating relay protection & control schemes and components operations
- Familiarity with NERC 693 standards, especially Protection & Control (PRC) and Modeling, Data, and Analysis (MOD) standards.
- Experience with the NERC 693 Reliability standards, and ensuring timely completion of all compliance deliverables as required by the standards.
- Experience supporting compliance audits conducted by internal and/or external resources.
- Experience in providing routine and non-routine reports to NERC, Reliability First, and other entities as needed.
- Experience carrying out projects and assignments independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel and Word
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Detroit, MI
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email resume, including all contact information.