As an Electrical Engineer assigned to this project, you will be part of this dynamic transformation that will position our power distribution system to support a distributed generation that connects with cleaner energy sources like wind power, solar, and natural gas generation. This transformation will include storage and electric vehicles.
- Subject Matter Expert in Distributed Energy Resources, specifically utility integration of Distribution Generation and storage
- Review all interconnection study protection design, communication, and controls including final approval of all 3rd party developers and our contractor protection calculations, settings, configurations, and methods.
- Develop internal technical standards on testing, commissioning and standardization of Distributed Energy Resources and Non-Wire Alternatives.
- Active participation in local and state requirements for interconnections, relevant Industry working groups and maintaining a high level of technical acumen on emerging technologies and their application, specifically participation and working knowledge in IEEE1547-2018 and related standards (e.g. 1547.1, IEEE 2030 series standards, ANSI (Associated Electric Systems Interface), IEEEE 519 Harmonics
- Communication skills are very important, act as an expert technical witness providing written and verbal testimony, whitepapers.
- Facilitate training and knowledge sharing of key interconnection and distributed resources topics and collaborate with other technical experts in the field to ensure industry best practices are being used.
- Collaborate with our engineers to ensure compliance with DER projects to technical standards.
- Act as a thought leader and subject matter expert in the integration of power electronics, inverters, and storage into our electrical system.
- This position will also provide technical guidance and support to various pilot projects relating to Distributed Energy Resources and Non-Wire Alternatives, including design, experimentation, implementation, and testing of new methods and equipment in the lab environment and field pilots.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 8 years of job-relevant experience.
- Significant practical utility experience in integration of generation, protection, controls, and interoperability at medium and high voltage
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of PowerClerk, CYME, PSS/E, EPRI DRIVE, and Maximo
- PE license
- Detailed working knowledge of protection theory for Distributed Energy Resources and microgrids and understanding protocols, communications and interoperability of DER
- History of active participation in IEEE PES standards activities is a plus
- Technical expertise in utility power electronics including but not limited to, inverters and energy storage.
- Proficiency in computer applications relevant for field advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, well-developed planning and continuous improvement skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Ability to lead cross-functional teams
Additional Information :
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Detroit, MI
Email us at email@example.com
Please email resume, including all contact information.