REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS**
- 10 years of Automotive Design Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Body Shell
- Interior Trim
- Functional Parts
- Electrical / Wire Harness
- 10 years of modeling experience in a Parametric CAD system
- A minimum of 10,000 hours of parametric modeling experience on CATIA V5.
- CATIA V5 experience should include the following workbenches: Part Design, Generative Shape Design, Assembly Design, Drafting.
- Must be able to effectively communicate.
- Packaging/layout studies.
- Develop updatable parametric CATIA V5 2D Drawings & 3D models using a specified design process.
- Review class ‘A’ surface supplied by styling to identify data quality concerns.
- Develop B side surface for plastic parts; including manufacturing tool requirements to meet standards.
- Develop surface for sheet metal components; including manufacturing tool requirements to meet standards.
- Perform blend filleting and pass Level E certification.
- Check shading quality of blend filleted part data prior to release.
- Prepare 2D drawings as required to define engineering intent.
- Check data for accuracy/integrity; make repairs to achieve requirements for tangency, gap, and content.
- Accurately complete a part/drawing requirement check sheet.
- Calculate blank shapes and material yield for body shell parts.
- Create PowerCopies to automate the creation of common features.
- Complete daily progress tracking sheets.
- Prepare process documentation using Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Lead oneself and potentially others in design related activity.
Job Type: Full-time
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. Excellent career opportunity & benefits.
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Email us at email@example.com
Please email resume, including all contact information.