The senior-level engineer responsible for planning and conducting engineering activities. Requires the use of advanced techniques and the application of theories, precepts, practice, and disciplines, including practical field experience. Incumbents have the responsibility and authority to make decisions on engineering problems and methods applicable to the resolution of important issues. Participates in and leads teams of field employees, technicians, engineers, and other personnel.
- Provide technical expertise to develop standards documentation, review the current state of the industry and collaborate with other standards engineers. Typical work would include calculations, standards compliance and standardized layouts for all of the following:
- Provide solutions and recommendations to support our overhead electric system and develop standards for engineering and design areas of the company related to Overhead assets and facilities (from 120V to 345kV).
- Develop new standards for emerging Overhead technologies.
- Expertise in overhead electric distribution system construction standards including legacy construction and mitigation methods such as cross-arm to armless construction and voltage conversions.
- Develop and validate standards to meet NESC/ NEC requirements and working practices.
- Develops, coordinates, and directs important projects or field engineering assignments with complex features.
- Performs assigned (or initiates) engineering studies, proposing solutions to engineering-related problems; develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques & solutions.
- Interfaces with outside departments, vendors, suppliers, and reliability entities.
- Develops or assists in presentations of engineering-related projects to all levels of management & external parties (contractors, customers, etc.).
- Plans and manages group workflow to meet budgets and schedules.
- May mentor and provide guidance/direction for less experienced staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 4 years of job-relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Overhead Standards and design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- PE license
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or job-relevant discipline
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Detroit, MI
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email resume, including all contact information.