3D Scanning / Metrology
ADAPT provides a complete set of solutions for CMM, Light, Optical & Laser Scanning, as well as Quality Inspection and Reverse Engineering.
WHITE LIGHT 3D SCANNER
- High Resolution (color), Accurate & Fast Scanning.
LASER 3D SCANNER
- Scanning and probing with dynamic referencing in one system.
- Portable or industries that need to inspect, measure or reverse engineer workpieces on your shop floor or in our metrology lab.
- Quickly brings physical parts into the digital domain by combining instant reacking performance with high-speed, non-contact surface scanning.
LASER 3D TRACKER
- Spherical, long Range and high precision coordinate measurement system. Using the latest technology to measure the target environment relative to the tracker.
- Applications include complex plant environments, capture shop floor and layout, architectural and heritage sites, accident and forensic scenes, and more.
3D Inspection & Quality Control
Quality inspection using 3D laser scanning is a fast and effective way to match up your as-built physical objects to their as-designed digital models, revealing surface deviations such as warping, tooling deterioration and other manufacturing defects. Through this procedure, significant and quantifiable results can be obtained, improving your manufacturing process. High definition 3D laser scanners capture surface detail in high resolution to which deviations readily appear over an entire object, which can be critical for inspection validity. Our engineers understand manufacturing process requirements from prototyping to production, and can help you identify where problems may originate provided within detailed reports saving time and expense over manual inspection techniques.
ADAPT’S expertise with a wide variety of inspection technologies gives you the ability to:
- Quickly compare as-built to as-designed
- Find and fix manufacturing defects
- Measure cross-sections
- Identify areas in and out of tolerance
- Locate inaccuracies
Metrology Scanning: Automotive, Military & Aerospace
Adapt offers enhanced reverse engineering and quality inspection techniques. We have experience in all aspects of the mobility and manufacturing industries, and can measure or scan everything from small, detailed parts to complete Military vehicles. Adapt is the premier provider of 3d laser scanning systems and services, helping companies complete even the most complex reverse engineering, inspections, and analyses.
- First Article Inspection Reporting (FAIR)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Fixture and part validation
Benefits of 3d parts scanning:
- Reverse engineering capabilities and quality inspections
- Efficient and accurate results
- Compile complete measurement data of the surface of any object
- Perform verification, ensuring that all parts match CAD design
- Validation of tooling, even if no current model exists
- Reveal interferences and inaccuracies using profile data and digital construction
- Easily compare CAD model and physical part with Color Mapping
- Color Map of a Fuel Cell with data points and deviations
Reverse Engineering Services
In using 3d scanning and its resultant data, we can reverse engineer an object efficiently to generate a CAD model from a physical object that has any kind of complex or freeform shape. 3d laser scan data can quickly be turned into a parametric model representing its current, tangible as-built shape.
Our reverse engineering process outputs files in a modifiable structure, with each file then being professionally tailored to meet the varying requirements of every client.
With our experience with reverse engineering, ADAPT has many techniques that may aid your pursuits:
- Acquire CAD data that denotes an object’s original design intent
- Design a new part to fit to a legacy part
- Accurately model performance surfaces
- Redesign a part free of future manufacturing defects
- Revise CAD models of your tooling to match shop-floor changes
- Modernize your manufacturing process
- Re-qualify used objects
of our expertise and resources
We have extensive relationships with contract manufacturers and component suppliers worldwide. We reducing the burden on you and liaison third parties for you to ensure partners are integrated into the development process early. We act as a n integrator for your organization and your suppliers and manufacturers,
ADAPT Technology has over 130 customers. Some of the companies we proudly serve: