Autonomous cars, edge computing, IoT are some of the trending buzz words in the automotive industry. Connected cars, which can be a combination of all of the above and much more, are a path-breaking space with a lot of potential for new customer-centric mobility and safety applications. Intelligent Mobility Systems (IMS) group in the InfoTech Labs, is conducting research in connected car technologies to build the next-gen traffic management system which includes the development of simulation platform, designing methods for hierarchical traffic management, developing and testing prototype vehicular networks. We are seeking passionate candidates for a software engineering role who will join as a software engineer and help the team to build and maintain hybrid testbeds for solving transportation and mobility problems through connected car technologies.
We’re looking for a talented software engineer who has significant experience in application design and development and good programming habits to produce quality software. The candidate must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. The candidate should be willing to learn new technologies and focus on continuous improvement for demo-driven development.
- Coordinate with researchers/trainees/project managers/engineers to come up with elegant transportation/mobility solutions and demonstrate their benefits through connected car technologies.
- Model/implement/validate realistic driving behavior and vehicle interactions to simulate/emulate the traffic events on roads, analyze the impact of traffic events on other vehicles and traffic, design/develop solution methodology to mitigate these impacts on the overall traffic.
- Design, develop, and analyze tests/test-automation suites in both software and hardware in the loop platforms.
- Perform engineering analysis, prepare/present reports in support of implemented testbed and applications.
- Maintain, support, and enhance the existing testbed and application platforms.
- Create and update documentation of existing testbeds and applications.
- B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 1+ years of experience with developing software for traffic simulators such as AIMSUN, VISSIM, etc.
- Experience with programming languages (C++, Python, and C#).
- Experience with development environments (Visual Studio, Pycharm/Anaconda, etc).
- Knowledge of multithreading, multitasking, concurrent programming
- Experience with network/process communication protocols (like MQTT, ZMQ, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- (Optional) Experience with front-end development technologies (Unity, Qt, and/or HTML)
- (Optional) Experience in some or many of the following areas: machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, etc.
Short Term Assignment – 90 Days (possibly extended a little longer)
ADAPT TECHNOLOGY is a people first company looking for dedicated and ambitious candidates to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Mountain View, CA
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email resume, including all contact information.